Tuesday 24 September 2019

Term Recap

This term is great so far, I have learnt a lot of new games. And have learnt a lot of new ways to make my talent's shine and make more friend's, but there isn't much of the term left, so, i'm trying to make the best of the term as possible.

Here are the some of the tremendous things about this term...
Firstly, we have gotten used to the fact that we have to manage our time wisely, that is because we do a timetable and a priorities tracking sheet now. They have helped me a lot, because I got to pro because of them... Atleast I think so. 

We have also read the book Holes, it's a really good book, now the people who finish their priorities will get to watch the movie, and eat spiced peaches. We have also made a lot of art related
to Holes. The art is really fun because it's pretty much drawing what you want.

Another thing I have already mentioned, but not that well, is games. I have learnt many new games, here are the names of them... firstly this term we learnt how to play Medic, it's pretty much dodgeball, all you do is your team chooses a person to heal the people that are out, you get 2 medics, and then you need bouncy balls and mat's. You first place down the mat's and then divide your class or group into teams. Then everyone starts to hit their enemies with balls. And then Ultimate Rounders, in this game you have a cours set up, you need to divide into 2 teams and then you choose which team is the batting team and which is the fielding, the fielding team tries to catch the ball and give it to the pitcher, the batting team tries to hit the ball as far a he or she can and then try to get to the safe point.


This term we also performed our speech, in front of the class, now the teacher is going to choose the finalists to perform on stage. when I performed my speech I was really nervous but once I got into about 10 minutes of the speech I was quite confident. For my feedback the only thing I needed to work on was not saying, the end, on my speech.

Next we also had a marae visit but I didn't stay, i had a really bad tummy ache. but we had lots of fun, the only thing I didn't get to do was walk up Kaiti hill which I was looking forward to doing, but overall it was really fun at the marae, we did other stuff to, like, having free time, and eating.

We also had some wonderful people come al the way from australia to perform on stage for us, they did a cup performance by using cups as instruments, now we are doing a performance with cups to.

We made 3d faces art to, it is now on our wall and my one is a yellow spotted lizard.

And then we had tabloids day when we did lots of fun stuff, and where in teams arranged by house captains.

And finally we are practicing to perform our Dig it Up musical item, on stage in front of the hole school.













No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question you want to know more about

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.